In 2017, Project HOPE, along with partners, began implementing a community based program that is expanding access to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services in Ethiopia.
The five-year program, Ethiopia Community HIV Care and Treatment, funded by PEPFAR through USAID, aims to contribute to the UNAIDS 90-90-90 goal of epidemic control in Ethiopia. The program will reach more than 200 priority districts with a variety of services including:
- Improving adherence to treatment including tracking and reengaging those lost to follow up
- Providing targeted HIV testing services to priority populations with integrated referral linkages for health and other socioeconomic services
- Strengthening community based HIV/AIDS case management with individualized action plans
- Building the capacity of local organizations and systems to provide high impact HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment services at the community level
- Increasing data availability with improved use for decision making by community health services
This program will target 75,267 individuals with HIV testing and reach 165,000 people living with HIV with care.
Get news from the field and updates on how your donations are being put to work.
Read and share stories about Project HOPE with your personal network.