April 2012 marked the successful completion of the two year continuing education program for health care professionals in the Czech Republic, “Nil Nocere – Saving Patients from Harm.” The goal of the program was to develop a system for identifying, reporting, addressing and learning from adverse events in hospitals in order to prevent them from happening again.
- Trained 64 health care professionals
- Developed 16 projects to improve patient safety in Czech hospitals
- Established guidelines for best practice
- Established a network of managers to improve patient safety
- Created a curriculum and website for training health care managers
Rita Vilaskova, Chief Nursing Officer in Hospital and Health Centre Karvina-Raj and a participant in the program remarked, “…. the program met all our expectations. We made a lot of new friends. We exchanged our experience, gained new knowledge but primarily, we realized that in all hospitals in the country we are all ‘somehow trying’ to achieve the same thing – namely to assure the highest possible level of safety of our patients and to clearly define the area of adverse events.”
Get news from the field and updates on how your donations are being put to work.
Read and share stories about Project HOPE with your personal network.