COVID-19 Online Training Program Materials
Welcome to the COVID-19 online training program, developed by Project HOPE and the Center for Human Rights and Humanitarian Studies at the Watson Institute of Brown University.
On this page, you’ll find modules that teach core competencies related to COVID-19, as well as links for participant quizzes and instructor feedback.
If you are a trainer, please review training implementation guidelines before getting started.
Use of these materials indicates that you agree:
- Not to sell or use the trainings for any commercial purposes
- Not to modify the training content or instruction
- To request that others who want to use the materials to apply on the Project HOPE website at projecthope.org/covid19training
Training Materials Overview
The following outlines the resources available in the COVID-19 training and includes information on when each component was last updated, so you can ensure you are using the most up-to-date versions of each training.
- Download manuals, training modules, and simulation exercises (104 MB) Last updated August 11, 2020
- Languages currently available include: English, Spanish, French, Arabic and Portuguese
- Download videos and source documentation (418 MB)
- Download WHO source documents here (28 MB)
- Pre-Training Quiz: Prior to starting your training, please encourage your participants to take this quick (5 min) quiz: https://forms.gle/58v6YonuMYdGL3Mi9
- The Training of Trainers Manual and presentation overview help prepare instructors to teach materials to other health workers. Last updated April 2, 2020
- The Competencies Matrix includes the essential knowledge required to effectively deliver or train others to deliver outbreak response care related to COVID-19. Last updated April 2, 2020
- Simulation Cases and Exercises. Last updated April 2, 2020
- Biology, Pathophysiology, and Transmission Mechanisms of COVID-19
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Surveillance (Passive and Active Contact Tracing)
- Screening and Triage
- Stabilization and Resuscitation
- Diagnosis and Management
- Health Facility Operations and Surge Capacity
- Risk Communication and Public Health Messaging
- Management of Severe Illness and Acute Respiratory Failure (Supplementary)
After the training, please encourage your participants to take our Post-Training Quiz and Feedback Form (8 min). In conjunction with the Pre-Training Quiz, this will help us improve the training materials and help us provide you with feedback on the training. Project HOPE will provide trainers with participant scores 7 days after trainings are completed.
- Training videos highlight essential skills including collecting a swab sample, hand hygiene, how to use PPE, patient simulation, and social distancing. Last updated April 2, 2020
- Source documents for the training materials, including information from the US Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization, and more. Last updated April 2, 2020
Recorded, instructor-led training videos for each module are now available on YouTube. Last updated April 15, 2020
If you would prefer for Project HOPE and Brown University to lead and provide this training through remote, live instruction, please reach out to [email protected]. We will make all efforts to provide trainings at no cost; however, budgetary constraints and the evolving situation may necessitate a training fee to recover costs.
Training materials copyright notice: Developed with a grant from Project HOPE. Copyright © Brown University, 2020. Released under Creative Commons license Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0).