Gala Ticket Giveaway Sweepstakes Rules
Project HOPE Gala Ticket Giveaway SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
May 8, 2017 – May 21, 2017
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT or DONATION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A DONATION WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS AND VALID EMAIL ADDRESS ARE REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Only legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands and other United States territories) with a valid email address, who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of June 1, 2017, are eligible to enter. Employees of Project HOPE and of sponsors of the Project HOPE Gala and their immediate families are not eligible to participate.2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Project HOPE Gala Ticket Giveaway Sweepstakes begins on May 8, 2017 and ends on – May 21, 2017.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, each entrant must visit the link to the Project HOPE Gala Giveaway page (URL Here) and follow the on-screen instructions to complete and submit the sweepstakes entry form during the Sweepstakes Period.
4. DRAWING AND WINNER NOTIFICATION:
One Grand Prize Winner will be selected at random, on or about May 21, 2017, from among all eligible entries received.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The potential winners will be notified by e-mail using the contact information given at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. If potential winners do not respond within two (2) calendar days after the first notification attempt, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries
One (1) Grand Prize: Two complimentary tickets to the Project HOPE Gala at the Pierre Hotel in New York City on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 and a one night stay at The Sherry-Netherland hotel near the Gala event for the night of June 13, 2017. Approximate retail value: $2300.00
Additional prize restrictions apply as further described herein.
No cash alternative or prize substitutions will be allowed. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Sweepstakes is open to over 100 million persons in the United States.
6. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS:
Winner is responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes associated with acceptance or use of any prize, and for any other fees or costs, including but not limited to, transportation to New York City, ground transportation, luggage fees, meals, gratuities, telephone calls, room service, incidentals, trip and travel insurance premiums, and all other expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules.
If Grand Prize Winner is unable to attend the Project HOPE Gala on the dates specified by Sponsor, the winner shall forfeit the Grand Prize in its entirety.
Winner and his or her guest must be at least 21 years of age to attend the Project HOPE Gala.
7. GENERAL PROVISIONS: Acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s permission for the Sponsor to use winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation, permission, notification or approval, except where prohibited by law. You and your heirs, executors, and administrators agree that the Sponsor (A) shall not be responsible or liable for, and is hereby irrevocably released from, any and all liabilities, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any prize related activity, and (B) has not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Further you agree (on your behalf and on behalf of your heirs, executors, and administrators) to indemnify Sponsor from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of Sweepstakes judges and Sponsor, which are binding and final. You hereby waive all rights under California Civil Code Section 1542, which states: A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor as well as any law of any other jurisdiction that limits any release of unknown claims. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole discretion. By entering the Sweepstakes, you further agree that (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to reasonable and actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, indirect or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for reasonable and actual out-of-pocket expenses. These rules and any disputes relating hereto are governed by the internal laws of the State of Virginia, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws, and by entering the contest you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in Virginia for resolution of any disputes relating to the Sweepstakes and waive any objection thereto.
No responsibility is assumed for any damage to your computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or otherwise participating in the Sweepstakes, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, no responsibility is assumed for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or postage-due submissions or prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any online entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account from which it was sent, provided such account holder must still meet the eligibility requirements for the Sweepstakes. The authorized account holder shall be the natural person to whom the applicable email address has been assigned by the Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other unintended circumstances have impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) select winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the event warranting such termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy in such circumstances.
WINNER’S NAME/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain the name of the winner, available after May 21, 2017, visit http://www.projecthope.org/winner.html.
These Official Rules will be posted on http://www.projecthope.org/sweepstakes.html
Sponsor: Project HOPE, PO Box 250, 255 Carter Hall Lane, Millwood, VA 22646
All Rights Reserved