Content Marketing Manager
- Full Time
- Washington, DC
Health Affairs produces the nation’s leading journal of health policy, curated commentary and analysis on Health Affairs blog, policy briefs, events, and more. Published since 1981, Health Affairs is read by federal, state, and local policymakers, health industry leaders, and academics in fields such as health economics, medicine, public health, and political science.
Health Affairs is an editorially independent division ofProject HOPE, an international NGO of more than 500 engaged employees and hundreds of volunteers who work in more than 25 countries, responding to the world’s most pressing global health challenges.
The Content Marketing Manager is responsible for the Health Affairs’ email program, supporting social media marketing, and contributing to competitive analysis across publishing and digital marketing.
Reporting to the Senior Content Marketing Manager, the Content Marketing Manager will manage the planning and execution of our email communications and related user journeys, with a goal to increase revenues from products, expand our email audience, and improve engagement across campaigns and digital channels. This includes working across teams to send email campaigns with content generated by colleagues, implementing new automations to improve the user journey, creating email performance reports, and building an “always on” email testing culture.
- Manage Health Affairs’ email marketing program and execution; manage master communications calendar for all email activity.
- Work across the Sales and Digital teams to create, produce and send email marketing campaigns for sales and retention, and to drive attendance at Health Affairs’ events.
- Build and send daily, weekly, monthly, and thematic newsletter campaigns.
- Maintain contact list and follow best practices related to list management.
- Develop list segmentation and audience personas based on engagement.
- Think creatively about email growth and engagement strategies with Digital and Business leadership.
- Manage standardized data and analytics and report out email performance metrics related to specific KPIs.
- Create social media toolkits for partners, attendees, and employees for use during live events.
- Work with external partners to amplify Health Affairs’ message on their respective social media channels.
- Attend and publish content for live events, such as Health Affairs Briefings, to improve attendance and engagement online.
- Manage daily Disqus moderation.
- Managed LinkedIn group moderation
- Complete quarterly competitive reviews for email and social
- Serve as “the pulse” of the digital landscape.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, digital PR/Communications OR bachelor’s degree in a health-related field with relevant digital PR / Communications experience. Master’s degree in these fields a plus.
- 1-3 years’ professional experience working in content marketing or publishing.
- 1-3 years’ professional experience in email marketing
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Proven experience in results-driven campaigns, such as increasing brand awareness, engagement and/or conversions
- Comfortable using a variety of tech tools and eagerness to learn new tools as they are introduced to the organization.
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize appropriately, and maintain adherence to demanding deadlines.
- Able to work independently and within a team.
- Experience with Active Campaign.
- 1+ years’ experience working in a health-related or policy-related setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be mobile in an office environment and able to use standard office equipment.
- Must be able to communicate in verbal and written form.
- Typical office environment with exposure to a minimal noise level.
Salary range starts at $73,000 USD per year. Compensation for the role is dependent on several factors including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, and experience. Project HOPE offers comprehensive benefits as part of the total compensation package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, 403(b), paid leave, and much more. For more information about our benefits please visit our benefits page.
Due to the large number of inquiries, we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be considered. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise.
Thank you very much for your interest in Health Affairs.
To apply for this job please visit projecthope.csod.com.