Health Affairs Content Marketing Manager
- Full Time
- Bethesda, MD
Health Affairs produces the nation’s leading journal of health policy, curated commentary and analysis on Health Affairs blog, policy briefs, events, and more. Published since 1981, Health Affairs is read by federal, state, and local policymakers, health industry leaders, and academics in fields such as health economics, medicine, public health, and political science.
Health Affairs is an editorially independent division of Project HOPE, an international NGO of more than 500 engaged employees and hundreds of volunteers who work in more than 25 countries, responding to the world’s most pressing global health challenges.
Health Affairs is seeking an expert content marketing professional with 5+ years of experience working in a health- related setting to play an important role in advancing Health Affairs’ content offerings and new product portfolio. This is a new position created to support the Director of Digital Strategy in implementing a multi-year initiative in broadening Health Affairs’ reach and impact by creating new types of content and increasing the ways it engages with its audience.
The Content Marketing Manager is responsible for organizing and curating content from multiple channels to create meaningful stories within specific topics or themes through email marketing, podcasts, and on-site experiences. The position requires a deep understanding of what resonates with a diverse health policy audience and what motivates users to engage with different types of content.
- Work across departments to organize content across types and mediums to catalogue the breadth and depth of Health Affairs content within categories and themes.
- Write different types of content including landing pages, emails, blogs, ad copy and other copywriting tasks as assigned
- Coordinate production and publication of new content products for Health Affairs, such as compendiums on a particular theme or topic.
- Maintain an editorial/content calendar to align with the Health Affairs strategic plan.
- Work with the Design team and external agency to outline strategy and project manage visual requirements for content placement and promotion.
- Support strategic development of the Health Affairs podcast Lead on creation of individual podcasts, which includes working across teams to identify speakers, maintaining the production calendar and drafting outlines and in-audio ads / transitions.
- Work with Sales team to identify paid-for opportunities and placement within the growing content offerings.
- Work across the Sales and Digital teams to create, produce and send email marketing campaigns for sales and retention.
- Help analyze marketing and sales data to develop insights and make recommendations on areas for optimization within the content Identify and determine viability of future content opportunities and in real time for campaigns based on data-driven insights.
- Support in developing a Health Affairs brand advocate – or influencer –program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, digital PR/Communications OR Bachelor’s degree in a health- related field with relevant digital PR / Communications experience
- 5+ years’ professional experience
- 3+ years’ experience working in a health-related or policy-related setting
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Proven experience in results-driven campaigns, such as increasing brand awareness, engagement and/or conversions
- Comfortable using a variety of tech tools and eagerness to learn new tools as they are introduced to the organization
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize appropriately, and maintain adherence to demanding deadlines
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Master’s degree, preferably in Health Policy, Public Health, Marketing, digital PR/Communications or related experience
- Experience working in a high volume digital sales environment
- Experience in developing podcasts and/or brand advocate programs
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be mobile in an office environment and able to use standard office
- Must be able to communicate in verbal and written
- Typical office environment with exposure to a minimal noise
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be considered. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise.
Thank you very much for your interest in Health Affairs.
To apply for this job please visit projecthope.csod.com.