Health Affairs – Product & Development Manager
- Full Time
- Washington, DC Metro Area
Health Affairs produces the nation’s leading journal of health policy, curated commentary and analysis on Health Affairs blog, policy briefs, events, and more. Published since 1981, Health Affairs is read by federal, state, and local policymakers, health industry leaders, and academics in fields such as health economics, medicine, public health, and political science.
Health Affairs is an editorially independent division of Project HOPE, an international NGO of more than 500 engaged employees and hundreds of volunteers who work in more than 25 countries, responding to the world’s most pressing global health challenges.
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to treat each other with respect, take affirmative steps to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse and Trafficking in Persons, and to disclose all potential and actual violations of our Code of Conduct, which may include Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption, Discrimination or Harassment. Together we can reinforce a culture of respect, integrity, accountability and transparency.
Health Affairs is looking for a Product & Development Manager to join its growing Digital Team.
The Digital Team manages Health Affairs’ social media, podcasts, special collections, website, and digital marketing efforts.
The Product & Development Manager is a perfect role for someone looking to take the next step in their career. This individual will be responsible for Health Affairs’ new and continued product development.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Strategy, the Product & Development Manager will manage the planning and execution of new products and development of existing Health Affairs products and user experiences, with the goal to increase revenues from products, engagement with Health Affairs’ web site and events, and improve earmarked KPIs. New products are in early stages of development and may include launching new collected works and other premium content collections.
This is a new position created as part of a 5-year strategic plan and requires working across teams to launch new products and optimize user experiences to increase the audience size and convert users.
- Manage complex technical projects within scholarly and business-oriented publishing, working across the Health Affairs tech stack to integrate new product launches into the existing infrastructure
- Manage master launch calendar and coordinate project details and deliverables across teams
- Work across Business, Digital and Editorial Teams to scope technical and content requirements for new products and deliver against launch timelines
- Lead on technical build of new products on the Health Affairs website, working in tandem with Editors to create content, with the website vendor and partner agency to build the full user experience and with Publishing and Digital teams to market and promote new products
- Lead on topic-specific website builds for funded projects, briefing relevant team members (ex. Editorial, Creative) and coordinating creation and approval of the many moving-parts to launch a package of content
- Manage project timelines and internal review and approvals
- Think creatively about new product development and how best to meet the needs of Health Affairs users, whether in academia, health care industry, or government spheres.
- Deliver on key website projects of the digital roadmap that includes user experience, SEO, and conversion rate optimizations
- Manage standardized data and analytics and report out revenue and performance metrics related to specific KPIs
- Develop testing/optimization plans to increase engagement
- Communicate complex projects and procedures to other colleagues
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience; Masters/MBA and two years of work experience; or equivalent of work experience.
- Knowledge of policy and health care issues highly desired
- Strong technical background with direct experience working with scholarly publishing platforms, such as Atypon; the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Previous experience at scholarly publisher, research institute, policy think tank, or business intelligence unit.)
- Experience using traditional content management systems
- Proven project manager with experience in complex technical projects and/or new product development
- Proven ability to deliver against KPIs related to new product launches, user experience, content marketing and conversion
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects on varying timelines required
- Possession of a strategic, diligent, collaborative and creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to communicate effectively with high-level external partners and internal staff
- Ability to conduct research efficiently and effectively using online tools
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Comfortable using a variety of tech tools and eagerness to learn new tools as they are introduced to the organization
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize appropriately, and maintain adherence to demanding deadlines
- Able to work independently and within a team.
- Vendor management with technical organizations, such as website vendors and marketing agencies
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be mobile in an office environment and able to use standard office equipment.
- Must be able to communicate in verbal and written form.
- Typical office environment with exposure to a minimal noise level.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be considered. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise.
Thank you very much for your interest in Health Affairs.
To apply for this job please visit projecthope.csod.com.