Welcome to Project HOPE's Media Room, where you'll find media resources and information about programs across the globe.
Sr. Director of Global Media Relations
+1 (202) 602-8312
Our Leaders & Experts
Request an interview from one of our leaders or issue experts, or learn more about them on our website:
- Rabih Torbay, President and Chief Executive Officer
- Chris Skopec, Executive Vice President
- Thomas Kenyon, M.D., M.P.H., Chief Health Officer
- Gail R. Wilensky, Ph.D., Senior Fellow
- See All Technical Experts
HOPE in the News
- Houston, Miami, other cities face mounting health care worker shortages as infections climb
July 25, 2020 – The Washington Post
At Harris Health System in Houston, 162 staff members — including more than 50 nurses — are quarantined, either because they tested positive or are awaiting results. Harris Health turned to the state and the international nonprofit Project HOPE for resources.
- 5 Ways You Can Support Healthcare Workers on the Front Lines of COVID-19
July 19, 2020 – Popsugar
Healthcare workers are always in need of personal protective equipment. Several organizations accept monetary donations that help get frontline healthcare professionals necessary equipment, including Project HOPE.
- Hundreds of nurses pour into Texas to help fight second COVID surge
July 10, 2020 – The Houston Chronicle
Harris Health System is working with a temp agency but has also turned to nonprofit Project HOPE, which provides medical professionals from across the country to places facing medical crises.
- Avril Lavigne And Sarah McLachlan Both Perform During Virtual Canada Day Celebrations
July 1, 2020 – Entertainment Tonight Canada
The Canadian songstress Avril Lavigne performed her new hit “We Are Warriors” which was released to support Project HOPE and its COVID-19 relief efforts. Lavigne first released the song at the end of April and collaborated with nurses, doctors and more for the official music video.
- How to Watch the ‘Lord of the Rings’ Reunion
May 30, 2020 – Lifehacker
In each episode of ‘Reunited Apart’, Josh Gad raises money for a COVID-19-related charity. Previous organizations have included Project HOPE, a global health and humanitarian relief organization.
- How I’m Living How: Josh Gad, Actor, Writer and Producer
May 19, 2020 – The Hollywood Reporter
The star, who is in preproduction on multiple projects and recording voice work from home, talks virtual pitch meetings, overhauling his carefully planned shooting schedule and launching web series ‘Reunited Apart.’
- Thomas Wilson Reprises ‘Back to the Future’ Villain Biff Tannen
May 14, 2020 – The Hollywood Reporter
The character called in to a supplemental episode of Josh Gad’s ‘Reunited Apart’ for a surprise appearance.
- Nurses Day: How to honor the health care workers
May 12, 2020 – CNN
International Nurses Day is celebrated May 12, marking the birthday of Florence Nightingale. Nurses are at the forefront of fighting the coronavirus pandemic. So how can you help?
- The Back To The Future Reunion Is Wildly Entertaining And For A Great Cause
May 11, 2020 – GameSpot
Josh Gad’s new series is a fundraiser for Project HOPE, which delivers masks and protective equipment to health workers on the front line of the pandemic.
- Back to the Future cast reunite from coronavirus quarantine to relive classic moments
May 11, 2020 – USA Today
The stars of the hit ’80s film series reunited virtually on Monday — nearly 35 years since the first film hit theaters — to reminisce while raising money for Project HOPE’s coronavirus relief efforts.
- Back to the Future Cast Reunites for Josh Gad’s Retro Series Fundraiser
May 11, 2020 – The Hollywood Reporter
The cast of Back to the Future reunited for an online video, a second in a series of fundraising projects spearheaded by Josh Gad, dubbed Reunited Apart.
- Back To The Future cast members getting back together for Josh Gad’s ‘Reunited Apart’ YouTube series
May 6, 2020 – NY Daily News
Josh Gad, best-known as the voice of Olaf the snowman in Frozen, has been using the Reunited Apart episodes as an effort to raise money for a COVID-19 charity. The Back To The Future special will support Project HOPE.
- Avril Lavigne honoring frontline workers with new music video ‘We Are Warriors’
May 1, 2020 – CNN
Avril Lavigne re-recorded her single “Warrior” off her Head Above Water album, and net proceeds from the song and new music video go to Project HOPE, which is providing support to health care workers around the world.
- Here’s How Celebs Are Helping Out During the Coronavirus Pandemic
May 1, 2020 – Billboard
Ricky Martin has launched a new campaign to help health care workers save lives across the globe through the nonprofit organization Project HOPE.
- Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher send planeload of PPE to UK frontline workers
April 29, 2020 – Page Six
Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher quietly partnered with Salesforce mogul Marc Benioff to donate a planeload of PPE supplies to front-line medical workers in the UK, and Cohen is also working with Project HOPE in the US..
- Did Trump ship 17 tons of ‘American’ masks and medical supplies to China?
April 22, 2020 – Washington Post
These were actually donations by private charities and public companies for Project HOPE, an international health-care organization that has been operating in Wuhan for a quarter-century and helped establish a nursing school there.
- Avril Lavigne Announces New Re-Recorded Single ‘We Are Warriors’ To Honour ‘Heroic’ Frontline Workers
April 22, 2020 – msn.com
Avril Lavigne reveals she’ll be donating profits from the single to Project Hope, “an incredible organization that is on the front lines keeping doctors and medical staff safe all over the world.”
- Ricky Martin launches campaign to keep health workers safe amid coronavirus
March 23, 2020 – Billboard
Puerto Rican superstar Ricky Martin launched a campaign to help health care workers save lives across the globe, in partnership with Project HOPE.
- Coronavirus: Africa has few cases so far but ‘it’s just a matter of time’ before major outbreak
March 13, 2020 – South China Morning Post and POLITICO
Project HOPE chief health officer and former director of US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Center for Global Health Thomas Kenyon discussed the threat Africa faces from coronavirus.
- Coronavirus coverage elbows aside disease-awareness pushes
March 9, 2020 – MM&M
With many health awareness efforts in March, COVID-19 still dominated headlines. Cinira Baldi, VP and chief communications officer at Project HOPE, talked with MM&M about what that means for non-profit messaging strategies.
- So you’ve been asked to self-quarantine. Here’s what you should know.
March 9, 2020 – Washington Post
Project HOPE director of emergency response and preparedness Tom Cotter advises on how to prepare for a quarantine.
- China coronavirus public health response was ‘unprecedented’ in scale: Expert
March 4, 2020 – Fox Business
Project HOPE executive vice president Chris Skopec discusses Project HOPE’s efforts to fight coronavirus on the ground in China.
- Mike Pompeo and Alex Azar: Our coronavirus response is protecting Americans
February 11, 2020 – USA Today
While the State Department managed the logistics, the donations themselves were provided by American organizations and coordinated by a nongovernmental organization called Project HOPE.
- Coronavirus: UPS airlifts masks and protective equipment
January 31, 2020 – The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
UPS is airlifting supplies of respirator masks and protective gear to Project HOPE’s team in China for distribution to healthcare workers amid the coronavirus outbreak.