Donation Refund Policy
Your gift to Project HOPE, a 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit organization, supports our lifesaving mission – thank you. Because we rely on the support of individual donors to carry out our work, Project HOPE considers all donations to be nonrefundable and irrevocable.
However, Project HOPE will consider returning donations to the donor:
- If the donation was made unknowingly, for example in a situation where a donation was made with a stolen or lost card.
- If your donation was intended for another organization.
- If you accidentally entered the wrong amount, or made a duplicate gift.
- If you accidentally created a monthly donation when your intention was to make a one-time donation.
- If we are unable to honor donor restrictions.
- Project HOPE makes every effort to honor donor-requested restrictions and use donations in a manner consistent with donor-expressed wishes. A refund may be considered if Project HOPE cannot or does not honor the written intent of the donor. Donors can also re-designate their gift to another purpose in those situations.
- Other similar exceptional circumstances.
Refund Terms and Conditions
Refund requests must be made within 30 days of the date of the donation; this applies to both one-time and recurring donations. Gifts from our generous donors are swiftly employed in our lifesaving work, and Project HOPE will not process refunds requested later than 30 days after the transaction. Fraudulent transactions are an exception to this time limit.
Refunds are made using the original method of payment. For example, if you made your donation by credit card, your refund will be credited to that same credit card. Project HOPE may ask for proof of identity and backup documentation before issuing a refund. You are responsible for any and all tax considerations that may arise if your donation is refunded.
How to Request a Refund
- Your full name,
- the email address you used when making the donation,
- your city and state,
- your phone number,
- date on which the donation was made,
- the total amount of the relevant donation
- payment method, and all relevant circumstances justifying your request.
Upon receipt we will review your request and endeavor to respond to you within two business days. If your request is accepted, we will process the refund as quickly as possible. Please note that it may take 10-14 business days until a refund reaches your account.
Project HOPE Monthly Donation Refund Policy
HOPE Partners like you are critically important to our lifesaving work around the world. There is no contract involved, and you can cancel at any time. Your monthly gift will remain in effect until you notify Project HOPE that you wish to change or cancel future donations. Please keep in mind that we will need a reasonable amount of time to update your record and allow 2-3 business days for completion.
We understand that circumstances change, and donors may need to adjust the amount of their gift, request a future end date, or cancel. If you are thinking of canceling due to financial reasons, please consider that we offer quarterly and annual giving options that may align better with your budget and enable you to continue your critical support.
If you are requesting a refund, please review our Donation Refund Policy above. Refund requests must be made within 30 days of the date of the donation.