Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Project HOPE empowers health care workers facing the world’s greatest crises to build healthier, resilient communities and a more equitable world. But equity around the world is only possible if we first commit to it as an organization – if we foster a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all voices, ensures opportunity for all, and guides how we build our teams and work alongside one another.
Project HOPE strives to be a global workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and where people feel valued for their humanity — regardless of their race, ethnicity, age, gender expression, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, disability, or other identities. We desire for all employees, regardless of where in the world they work, to work in a safe environment: one that is inclusive, addresses prejudices and implicit biases openly, engages discrimination head-on, and mitigates all forms of systemic racism.
This is a long-term commitment. We believe that it is not enough to not be racist; we must be anti-racist in our words and actions. It is not enough to not be prejudiced; we must be dedicated to working against prejudices of any kind.
In 2020, Project HOPE established a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Council in order to guide our organization and integrate these principles in all our work. Project HOPE is already taking steps to commit to become a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization:
- We will address discrimination and take action to mitigate all forms of systemic racism at Project HOPE, as well as any forms of inequity, prejudice, or implicit bias.
- We commit to providing all members of the Project HOPE workforce around the world with a safe, supportive space to discuss and ask questions about issues related to diversity, inequity, and identity.
- We will provide all members of the Project HOPE workforce with the tools to learn about systemic racism, discrimination, implicit bias, and other topics related to diversity, inequity, and identity.
- We will create accountability for the implementation of our diversity and inclusivity goals.
- We will promote and celebrate Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in all forms.
Project HOPE values all voices on our team, from every corner of the world, and is committed to putting these principles into action in order to become a better, more equitable organization. For more information, contact us at [email protected].